It feels VERY good to have kept up with most of what I wanted to accomplish this week!
- Did one house cleaning/keeping job each day – because I really hated spending Saturday AND Sunday cleaning, errand running, and grocery shopping. Wasn’t always fun to come home after a long day in the classroom and vacuum or clean bathrooms – but most everything I intended to clean got cleaned.
- Stuck to my exercise plan, except on Wednesday. Hope to do a 5k again with my buddy Kelley – even if she has upped her game and registered for a half marathon…not me, I have a wedding to plan this spring, no time to train, right?
- Planned our meals, shopped for them, prepared them and didn’t have to back to the store for anything! I am using many of the fun recipes I have on my Pinterest board, what did we all do without Pinterest?
- Went to Happy Hour (hey, I’m a teacher – we need Happy Hour) at Balaban’s in Chesterfield. Heaven on earth for those of us who enjoy wine – they have GOOD stuff for half price! Look for me there next Friday. Oh, and putting HH on the list of “thing to do this week” is totally acceptable in my book – in the words of Stephen Covey, I was practicing Habit 7 – making meaningful social connections with others. AND scored a whole bag of wine corks for Kate to use for the reception! (she’s busy with some fun ideas – she made a garter from my dress ruffle already! See her post here)
- Cleaned up my email inboxes (silly me, I have 3, no, make that 4 email accounts) – and kept up with all of my favorite blogs. My most favorite right now is Talk of the House, check her out – she’s a teacher, mom and I love her style.
- Did a little bit of Project 333 in my closet, really am trying to have only clothes that I love in my wardrobe. Not sure I can get to 33 items, but I’m getting closer.
- Most importantly – got the first prototype of the dress Kate will wear to the rehearsal luncheon done. You can see a little bit about that here. But, here is a picture of the dress the FIRST time she tried it on!
I think she’s going to be a beautiful bride.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!