I have been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY – which is my story as to why I have been absent for a month (plus 4 days…) and I am sticking to it! Let’s see – what has happened in my life since my last post?
1) I was able to attend the state ACTE (Association of Career and Technical Education) conference and got quite a few new ideas and connections to use in my classroom.
2) Got a call from our daughter’s boyfriend, who has NEVER called us… He said he was going to be in St. Louis (they live in Kansas City – more than a few hours west) the next day and could he take us to dinner? Uh, sure Brandon, just happen to be coming to St. Louis, 4 days before one of the most important tests you need to take in medical school? Needless to say…they’re engaged!!
3) So, WEDDING PLANNING was a HUGE focus over the last few weeks! The wedding will be in May 2013 (remember, they live in Kansas City!) here in St. Louis – so the planning machine had to gear up – FAST! I’m happy to report that most of the big stuff is at least booked – and I have planted a few quarters in the back yard – hoping a money tree may take root.
4) Oh, and school started. I have awesome kids this year and am very excited about what is in store for them (and me!). This week my 8th graders will begin a Zippered Pencil Pouch as a “let’s get back on the sewing machine” project – I’ll post some pictures this week so you can see this fun project for kids.
5) The LTRC (Lafayette Trails Running Club) ladies (and Dave…) did the Color Run in St. Louis last Saturday. What a fun time – next year I hope to RUN the whole thing – my darn sprained ankle from June has messed up my stride a bit and uphills get a little painful.
6) I have mentioned we have a dog, a wonderful, laid-back Golden Retriever, Wrigley (named after the ball park – not the gum). Well, in addition to school, wedding planning, money tree cultivation, life in general we are now the caretakers of our son’s dog – Dabo. Dabo is a puppy. So far, Dabo has chewed/destroyed: AT&T remote, 1 sofa cushion (just the corner…), no fewer than 7 decorative (an apparently tasty) pillows, the corner of the padded seat on a dining room chair, 2 of the exposed corners on our staircase risers, put a hole in Wrigley’s dog bed, a pillowcase and probably a bunch of stuff I have missed. My plan of attack? Walks, plenty of them- I made them both run a couple of miles with me in the midwestern heat and humidity. Any other ideas are welcome! (and wine, plenty of that, too…)
That’s life in MY
fast FACS Lane these days. Off to try a new Risotto from Barefoot Contessa! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.