I have read that if a blogger misses a week or so, well, it’s kind of like dieting or exercising – it’s REALLY hard to start back up. In fact, on Pinterest I found a pin which basically says if you don’t want to keep starting over, stop quitting. I didn’t quit, just pushed this way down on the list, unintentionally. Lately, it has been groceries, cleaning, pinning, birthdays, school, mentoring, meetings – you know – stuff! Life has been in the way … of my good intentions…my to do lists… and fun things I want to do.
Intentions (the bane of my existence…the road to somewhere is paved with these, right?)
- get in shape and get a grip on the meno-10 (similar to freshman 15, but menopause related)
- have the Pinterest-inspired home of my dreams
- sew – for fun and profit!
- read the magazines I PAY to get as well as the books I want to read
To Do’s (like intentions, but somehow more concrete)
- write awesome, inspiring lesson plans for this quarter
- start spring cleaning (can anyone say “pantry moths”?)
- get my etsy site started…
- exercise regularly AGAIN and stop pretending croutons are a snack food
- finish the book I got from the library on my phone before it disappears on the 16th, oops, that’s tomorrow…ain’t gonna happen
Fun Things I Want to Do
- write awesome, inspiring and solid lesson plans for this quarter (hmmm..a theme?)
- have my pantry look like a page from Better Homes and Gardens or the Container Store
- sew – a case for my new, birthday/Valentines/Christmas iPad and that quilt for Kate…
- projects around the house – hang some pictures, make that headboard, slip covers!
- just sit down and not feel compelled to DO something!
I’m a teacher, and spring break started today. Thank goodness. If students think they want spring break, they aren’t alone. We are ALL ready for a break. I hope to tackle a few things on one of those lists over the next week, but am happy to say the very first thing I get to do will negate any of the others. I am off to spend the day with two of my best friends in New York City tomorrow. Flight leaves at 6:45 – taking the train from Newark to Manhattan – eating lunch at Prune and enjoying the pre-St. Patrick’s Day festivities offered only in New York City. Then up to Connecticut for some much-needed sister-in-law time.
- no projects
- no lessons
- no lists
This is what NYC looks like…busy, busy, busy. And I LOVE it.
As far as that other stuff I want to do? Well, as Scarlett O’Hara said “Tomorrow I’ll think of some way…after all, tomorrow is another day.” In my case, tomorrow means next week.
Off topic, well, not REALLY off since it was a fun thing I made myself do yesterday (I enjoy the Madness so much in March ) I chose some WINNERS in today’s NCAA basketball tournament games! Thanks Darnell Young for the advice – VCU beat Wichita State.